Today was a horrible day at work, and by the time I got home at 9, I was so tired it wasn't funny (It probably wouldn't have been funny even if I was a little less tired, and I've never really understood the meaning of that phrase, but I'm on borrowed time now, and expounding is not on the agenda)
Then 3 nice things happened -
1) I got a call from an old old friend. It was brilliant talking to him. Would have made my day even without the other 2 nice things :)
2) My concert tix for Iron Maiden this weekend got confirmed (I know this deserves a power salute, but I'm too tired just right now)
3) Best of all - I was checking email before starting work again, and I found a Neruda poem in my inbox - my all time fave poet, and a poem I hadn't read before!
It sent shivers down my spine - it's so beautiful. Read on...
I do not love you... by Pablo Neruda
I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way
that this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.
How does one follow something like that?
I wont even try...
1 comment:
yes its a lovely poem :)
hey is this iron maiden concert in singapore? coz there's a IM concert at bangalore in a few days :D
Post a Comment