Friday, May 18, 2007

Change

Discontinuity -
My mind screams - I'm bored!
My imagination churns out a horde
of ideas - glimmering, scintillating,
Always beckoning, always tempting

Obstinately -
They attempt to bewitch and to seduce
Looking for a chink in my armor, an excuse
To spirit me away from this grind
To give me a chance to rewind

Reminding me -
Of when my spirit was not so confined
Of when I was not so entwined
With the fates of so many other bodies
I didn't pay court to a million commentaries

And with memory, uncertainty -
Seize the day they say, Carpe diem
I'm offering you a gift, a chance to dream
Your existence is just clay - yours to mould
You can conform, but so much better to leave the fold

An illusion of clarity -
I can see a chance, but do I have the courage?
To throw it all away - step outside of this cage
But no - I realize my ties, see that I am bound,
And that I cannot fly, I must return to ground.

And then epiphany -
In that instant I know - surely this is what it means
To have given up the unbearable lightness of being
To abandon oneself to the inexorable tug of fate
With all its accompanying heaviness and weight


Apologies for some heavy inspiration from Kundera - but that last bit just came so easily, I didn't have the heart to cut it out.

2 comments:

Hob Gadling said...

Please to meet you, hope you guessed my name.

Vee said...

@ hob - rajas! of course I guessed. Thanks!

@ rishi - speak for yourself :-) - Kundera is a fantastic author. Which does not mean that Jilly Cooper is not! - why are the two exclusive?